Monday, 20 June 2011

Fathers Day

So I meant to do this post yesterday, but it seems time just got away from me and then I was exhausted and needed to get to bed.

Living in London can be strange. Most of us don’t have much family here so we often tend not to associate holidays with family (Not that we don’t think of them on these special days). Yesterday was Fathers Day and was pretty much just like any other day for us, we didn’t have to get up early to make a special breakfast or go out to a nice restaurant for dinner. But on days like this it is often a good day for reflection. When you look back and realise how lucky you are to have the people in your life that you do which is something I have realised more and more the older I have gotten.

DSC03402

My dad passed away when I was younger so I have a slightly different Fathers Day as many other people do to. I am however blessed with an amazing step father who came into our lives relatively quickly and formed an impact just as fast. He has provided many amazing opportunities and spoilt us rotten (who could forget our first Beeper). He is an amazing man with an enormous heart and just gives and gives. I hope that yesterday even though my sister and I were not with him that he knew how much he was appreciated and loved by us all..

Mom & John Visit 007

IMG_6671

John Visit 016

To all the Fathers and Father figures on Fathers Day, May you have felt nothing but love by the people surrounding you.

DSC03480

And a side note to my Mom, thank you for being both Mom and Dad to me for all the years we didn’t have both

0 comments:

Post a Comment