With the UK having spectacular weather (by far the best summer in the past 6 years since I have been here) we had superb weather. But, there were no waves which tends to be a key factor in a surfing trip. The Friday was so flat that we never even took out boards and just braved the water without wetsuits for a couple of swims (once you were numb the water was quite delightful). In between swims we were able to keep our selves entertained with a few games of giant hightower (better known as Jenga), we had quite a few onlookers when the games got tense and there was a lot of gasps and claps from our side during these moments too.
Amazing sunset on Sat
On Saturday we were actually able to get out on the surfboard and catch some waves. We were here to surf and that’s what we were going to do no matter how big the waves were. I successfully managed to stand up on the board (yes, in my mind this makes me a surfer). I was happy back to being a lil fish in water, one of the things I miss the most being here is the water, being a water baby hot weather and a body of water make me happy!
Massive waves!!
To finish of a sporting weekend (not only surfing but pool, ping pong and darts) we rounded it all off with a game of pitch and putt before heading off. I surprised myself and managed to hit the ball in the right direction (at least most of the time).
0 comments:
Post a Comment